The Cheesecake Factory has following concepts:
- Bakery and Café – the Factory operates two bakery facilities and licences two bakery-based menus. Restaurants with this concept can be found in Europe, Asia, Middle East and North America;
- Grand Lux Café offers Thai, European, Caribbean and European-style food and today there are 13 Grand Lux restaurants, all of which are owned by the Cheesecake Factory;
- Rock Sugar Pan Asian Kitchen. The first location was opened on June, 2008 in L.A. and it features many Asian cuisines, but it was decided to exclude Japanese and Chinese cuisines as they were already served in both Cheesecake Factory and Grand Lux.
The factory was founded by Evelyn and Oscar Overton. Evelyn decided to open a business after making a cheesecake for her husband’s employers. In 1940s she opened a small shop in Michigan, but gave it up eventually to raise her children. Although she was away from business, she still supplied her cakes to local restaurants. When the Overtons moved to L.A. in 1972, they opened a bakery and produced a variety of desserts for some local restaurants. In 1978, David Overton (Oscar’s and Evelyn’s son) opened a small restaurant in Beverly Hills, where they sold 10 varieties of their cheesecakes on the menu. The second restaurant was opened in 1983, in Marina Del Ray due to the popularity of the Overtons cheesecakes. In 1987, the location in Beverly Hills was expanded to 78-seat restaurant and by the end of 1980’s the Factory’s menu was added by short-order and fast-food items.
The Factory was featured in:
- “Big Bang Theory”, but the company denies any arrangements with the show;
- iCarly TV show in Nickelodeon;
- A few episodes in “Family Guy”.
Also, the company releases coupons as a part of their advertising. The “Cheesecake Factory coupons” give you a great opportunity to save up on some items. For example, coupons for Cheese Factory that were released this month gave the opportunity to redeem 50% off any cake, $5 off anything (with Cheesecake Factory coupon code) or 20% off anything. There are 2 kinds of coupons: printable and clipping ones. Cheesecake Factory printable coupons can be found on some web-sites, while the clipping ones are found in newspapers and magazines.